Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wedding!











We got married! In a beautiful ceremony in a little chapel in the grounds of the Sofitel, Fiji. The service was simple and I am so happy that I didn't cry in it! I was so worried i would - but i think being made to wait about 30 minutes (because guests were late) made me annoyed and forced me to think about something else! - so thanks for being late!) But despite that, it was lovely (what I can remember of it!)Followed by drinks and canapes on the lawn outside the chapel and then the most romantic dinner on the beach! I love that our guests (and us!) all took off their socks and shoes and sat an the long table chatting, drinking and eating - until it was time to dance! And then we danced barefoot and drank the night away! It really was perfect and everything I hoped for! Sefo and I had the most amazing time!

The hotel upgraded us into the presidential suite - the best room in the house! I was lucky that they checked us in early so I could get ready with my beautiful sister (bridesmaid) and my niece (flowergirl) and with my mum! It was so relaxing getting ready, sipping Moet! The room was AMAZING! With a spa inside, and a big bath outside on the balcony, a massive lounge which was separate to the massive bedroom! 2 toilets! Our beautiful friends H&J who couldn't make it to Fiji had arranged to leave a bottle of Moet for us to find when we came back to the room.

We had a great week at the Sofitel with our friends and family who could make it, and then Sefo and I went to Pacific Harbour for a little honeymoon - it took a bit of getting used to going from the Presidential Suite to a normal hotel room! But the hotel we stayed at -The Pearl, was nice. There wasn't a lot to do there, and the weather was pretty windy (compared to Nadi), but we went to Suva and checked that out, and did some relaxing! It was great!

Now back in Wallis, I continue to try and keep busy - tutoring 2 kids a couple of days a week and enjoy spending time with my husband! I'm certainly not looking forward to going back to Melbourne next month, but it has to be done, and then that's the last time Sefo and I will be apart - I hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment